Friday, September 2, 2011

The Pier Aquarium

We went to the St. Petersburg Pier Aquarium today. It's a tiny aquarium, but has some interesting creatures in it. Here's a beautiful seahorse that was hiding in the background. It blended into the background so well, it was very hard to see.

  

These are called "mermaid purses" and contain baby sharks. I've seen them on TV, but never in person. We could see the tiny tails moving around (the black circles you see are the sharks' bodies).



Some people will be lucky enough to get to see rays in the water, but few will get to see the "secret smiley face" hidden underneath its body, unless you see one in a tank as we did. I couldn't get a picture of them, but you should see the teeth he's got!



I realize that pelicans aren't exactly something that go along with my theme of showing you things you wouldn't ordinarily see in the real world, but this one was hiding behind a pole, looking like it didn't want to be seen....besides, I really liked the picture so I wanted to share it!



No comments:

Post a Comment